Well 2018 is tomorrow and as well all celebrate brining in the New Year tonight, I am sure we are all thinking about resolutions and or goals we want for us this next year. Specific goals that relate to family, life, love and even fitness. Whether it means you want to eat better, get more lean, do a marathon, increase cardio, meet new people through fitness, whatever it may be.
Whatever your goal is. You must make it a priority. You are worth the investment. Being healthy and achieving even small goals is just as important as achieving the main end goal. Celebrating victories along the way help you stay on track and focus on what goal is next.
Now with celebrating these goals try to do non food based celebrations. We don’t want a set back as soon as you reached that goal. Some non food related celebration ideas include:
- Buying a fitness magazine or gossip magazine that you always pass up. Enjoy a hot bath and read up and enjoy the RnR.
- Invest in new work out gear. Buy something you’ve always wanted. Work out gloves, new shoes, exercise bands, the options are limitless.
- Invest in a meal plan. One meal plan can last you an entire month if you’re creative with swapping protein.
- Invest in an iTunes card and created a new work out play list. New music is always a great motivator for me.
Did you know Physical Activity actually improves your quality of life? The American Heart Association recommends at least 150-minutes of moderate activity each week. An easy way to remember this is 30 minutes at least 5 days a week, but three 10-minute periods of activity are as beneficial to your overall fitness as one 30-minute session.
Physical activity can relieve anxiety, depression and anger and even tension. These feelings and emotions help you stay focused on activity levels and feeling good becomes an addiction. Not a bad addiction if you ask me.
Other physical activity benefits include:
- preventing bone loss
- prevents and manages high blood pressure
- promotes positive thoughts
- improves self image
- manages stress
- boosts energy
- keeps weight under control
- increases muscle strength
- improves memory
- increases attention span
- increases life span
Sometimes all we need to succeed is motivation and inspiration. As a way to help inspire you all to succeed this year with your fitness goals I am offering my meal plans at half price. They are regularly $50 but all of January 2018 they are only $25. Please take advantage of this offer and allow it to help you stay motivated with your new goals. It’s a new year and you got this!