Cardiovascular endurance is important because it helps to boost the supply of oxygen in the body thus boosting strength. It is measured as the amount of oxygen carried in the blood and pumped by the heart to the active muscles.
Some Benefits of Cardio:
- Helps you burn fat and calories for weight loss
- Increases your heart rate, allowing your heart not to work so hard to pump blood.
- Increases your lung capacity
- Makes you feel good.
- Reduces risks of Heart Attack, High Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure and Diabetes
- Helps you sleep better.
- Reduces Stress, Improves your sex life.
Even a few minutes of Cardio added to your day has huge health benefits. I suggest doing cardio 20-30 minutes a day. Whether it’s a walk, run, jump on the trampoline, jump rope, bike, just keep moving.
- Work your way up to 20 minutes a day cardio. 5 minutes is better than 0. But try to just keep moving. Watch your favourite TV show while you do your cardio. Take breaks on the commercials if you have to. But try to get more and more in each day until you get a solid 20-30 minutes in every day. Swimming even is a good low impact cardio.
- Exercise is important to ensure that your body is strong and healthy enough meet the challenges that you set for it. Exercise has a multitude of positive effects on your body, including: Improved heart and lung efficiency, reducing your chances of developing heart disease.